You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Brand: Aprilaire
- Genuine OEM Part: Yes
- Type: Bypass Humidifier
- Control Type: Automatic Digital
- Coverage: Up to 3,000 sq. ft.
- Water Panel: Aprilaire #10
- Evaporative Rate: .5 Gallons Per Hour
- Bypass Diameter: 6"
- Electrical: 24V
- Product Measurements: 15.62" W x 13" H x 10.25" D
- Plenum Opening: 9.5" W x 9.5" H
- Drain Connection: .5" (I.D.)
- Contains: 24 VAC Transformer, Automatic Digital Humidistat, Remote Temperature Sensor, Saddle Valve, 1 Aprilare #10 Water Panel
The Aprilaire 500 Flow-Thru Bypass Whole House Humidifier with an automatic control is perfect for adding comfort to your home during the dry winter months. The Aprilaire 500 model is designed for use in small to midsized homes, efficiently humidifying up to 3,000 square feet and dispersing up to 12 gallons of water per day.
The bypass unit mounts directly to the duct of your heating and cooling system, allowing the humidity to be placed directly into the airflow and distributed evenly throughout the home. Mounted on the supply or return duct (plenum), it is easily reversible for right or left hand installation. Additionally, this model connects to a water line so you don't need to worry about filling it multiple times a day.
Benefits of Evaporative Humidification:
- Prevents Flu and Allergies
- Neutralizes Static Electricity
- Reduces Pet Dander and Discomfort
- Protects Fine Furniture, Wood Floors, and Musical Instruments
- Relieves Dry Skin and Scratchy Throats
- Reduces Heating Costs
The Aprilaire 500 bypass humidifier comes with an Aprilaire60 automatic humidistat with an outdoor sensor. The Aprilaire60 humidistat mounts directly to your heating and cooling system to accurately detect and deliver the appropriate amount of humidity to your home, while the outdoor sensor works to transmit the outdoor air temperature and humidity to the humidistat. The amount of humidity your humidistat predicts is based on a formula that factors in both the current temperature of the house and the temperature / humidity outside the home, accurately controlling the humidity of your home without any work or guessing for the homeowner. Sensing the outdoor temperature and the indoor humidity level, the automatic humidistat will produce the ideal amount of indoor humidification to ensure you and your family are as comfortable as possible.
The Aprilaire60 automatic humidistat is equipped with notification lights to quickly alert the homeowner if the system is in need of maintenance.
Red = The humidifier is not working and needs your attention.
Yellow = The humidifier's #10 Aprilaire Water Panel needs to be replaced.
Green = The humidifier is working properly.
The Aprilaire 500 Humidifier is Shipped to you as a Complete System that Includes:
- 1 Aprilaire 500 humidifier with a built-in bypass damper
- 1 #10 Water Panel
- 1 Model 60 Digital Automatic Humidistat (includes an outdoor temperature sensor)
- 1 Self-Piercing Saddle Valve
- 1 24 vac Transformer
- Items that are not included: 6" bypass duct, copper tubing, drain tubing, and thermostat wire.
This humidifier requires a plenum opening of 9-1/2" W by 9-1/2" H. For electrical reference, this unit operates on 24 Volts at 60Hz with a .5 AMP requirement.
*Important note: If this humidifier is installed on a heat pump system it is best to connect the unit to a hot water line.
Aprilaire recommends a #4792 maintenance kit be used each humidification season to ensure that your 500 humidifier is operating optimally. Furthermore, using a genuine Aprilaire #10 water panel is highly suggested. This water panel was designed specifically for the Aprilaire 500 humidifier and provides the most comfortable and efficient output. Don't trust the aftermarket products to provide the same quality and overall experience as the genuine #10 Aprilaire water panel.
How to Videos
If you have any questions regarding this product please feel free to email support@HVAC.com or call 1-855-932-4822 and one of our friendly Customer Experience Representatives will be more than happy to help.
Aprilaire 500 - Bypass Humidifier 12 GPD with Automatic Digital Humidistat