8 Ways to Give Back This Holiday Season
Posted on: December 3, 2015 | by: Will Housh
The holiday season is upon us. It’s a time where many of us, individuals and businesses, choose to give back to our communities. HVAC contractors have some big hearts, and we know many of you perform community service throughout the year. For those of you looking for ways to give back this holiday season, below are some ideas to get you involved helping those in need.
HVAC-related charity ideas
- Offer free repairs to those in need. Contact your local churches or other outreach ministry and discuss how you can partner with them to help those contacting their ministry about heating repairs this winter.
Partner with your state or local energy assistance program to offer your services for their home weatherization programs. You could donate products, such as furnace filters, or your time and skills to perform projects such as duct sealing and insulation.
Volunteer your teams’ skills or donate HVAC equipment to a Habitat for Humanity home being built in your area.
Holiday meal assistance
- Volunteer as a team to serve those in need at your local soup kitchen, or to assist shoppers at a local food bank.
- Collect donations for programs which supply holiday meals to those in need, such as the Salvation Army or another charity in your community.
Spreading holiday cheer
- Hold a toy drive at your business. Encourage your employees and even your customers to donate toys which can be given to Toys for Tots or build shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child.
- Sponsor a child or family for the holidays. Find a child to adopt through your local Salvation Army, or through other organizations local to you.
- Volunteer to visit or read to patients at a local children’s hospital or nursing home; consider holding a book drive as well to collect reading materials which you can gift the organization you’ll be visiting.
How HVAC.com is giving back
This year, HVAC.com is holding a winter clothing donation and canned food drive. These goods will be used to support the efforts of the Lords Rose Garden, a Cincinnati church local to us. This year, they aim to assist 150 families in our area by providing much-needed food and clothing, as well as Christmas presents for 350 children. We are so thankful for our generous employees who have made it their mission to help the Lords Rose Garden in their 17th year of helping Cincinnati-area children and families in need.
These are just a few ideas to get you going — if there is a cause near and dear to your heart, HVAC.com encourages you to get involved! We’d love to hear how your business is giving back this holiday season. Feel free to share your stories and photos in the comment section below, on our Facebook, or send us a tweet!