January 14, 2020
Heil has provided heating and cooling solutions to consumers for over 100 years. If you need an air conditioner, gas furnace, heat pump or packaged product, Heil can help. Outlined here are the top Heil heat pumps available, their features, cost considerations and other pertinent details.
Types of Heil heat pumps
Heil heat pumps separate into three different series: QuietComfort Deluxe, QuietComfort and Performance. Here are some specifications for each one:
- QuietComfort Deluxe: this series features the highest efficiency and delivers the ultimate in electric heating, cooling and dehumidification. QuietComfort Deluxe heat pumps are part of the dual-fuel system, which, when paired with a compatible gas furnace and thermostat, delivers energy-efficient heating solutions. The series includes two heat pumps.
- QuietComfort: with SEER ratings of up to 16 and dual-fuel compatibility, this series boasts efficiency and year-round comfort. The series includes two heat pumps.
- Performance: this series offers six budget-friendly heat pumps. They are dual-fuel compatible.
Heil heat pump models
Heil Quietcomfort Deluxe 18
The QuietComfort Deluxe 18 combines efficiency, quiet operation and state-of-the-art technology. In most climates, homeowners can use this heat pump year-round thanks to its warm winter heating and enhanced summer humidity control. You can also combine it with a compatible thermostat and gas furnace for dual-fuel heating if you live in an extreme climate.
- Up to 19 SEER rating. ENERGY STAR qualified. 56-decibel performance. 5-speed fan and 5-speed compressor. 10-year warranty.
- Durable construction. Corrosion-resistant. Wi-Fi remote access. Dual-fuel capabilities. SmartSense technology.
- More expensive than other models.
Heil Quietcomfort Deluxe 16
With its two-stage scroll compressor, the QuietComfort Deluxe 16 delivers reliable heating and cooling. It operates mostly on its efficient and quiet lower stage. Combine this heat pump with a compatible thermostat and gas furnace for dual-fuel heating.
- Up to 17.5 SEER. ENERGY STAR qualified. Two-stage pump. 68 decibel performance. Dual-fuel capabilities. 10-year warranty.
- Durable construction. Build to withstand inclement weather and debris. Corrosion-resistant design. Wi-Fi enabled remote access. Observer communicating wall control. Sound-reducing features.
- One of Heil’s pricier models.
Heil Quietcomfort 16
This heat pump provides you with cooling efficiencies of up to 16 SEER and a heating rating of up to nine HSPF. If you live in a colder climate, pair this heat pump with a compatible thermostat and gas furnace for dual-fuel heating efficiency.
- Up to 16 SEER. ENERGY STAR qualified. Single-stage compressor. 68-decibel performance. Dual-fuel capability. 5-year hassle free warranty. 10-year limited warranty.
- Durable construction. Corrosion-resistant design. Wi-Fi enabled remote access. Observer communicating wall control. Build to withstand inclement weather. Advanced electronics. Sound-reducing features.
- Replacement warranty is much shorter than other models.
Heil Quietcomfort 14
With the potential for remote control access coupled with ratings of up to 14 SEER, the QuietComfort 14 is efficient and convenient. It is built to last and features energy-saving performance. Pair this unit with a dual-fuel compatible gas furnace and thermostat to experience higher energy savings.
- Up to 14 SEER. 74 decibel performance. Single-stage compressor. Dual-fuel compatible. WiFi enabled remote access. 3-year replacement warranty.
- Tight-wire grill durable construction. Corrosion-resistant design. Built to withstand inclement weather and debris. Advanced electronic controls. System protecting filter drier. Sound-reducing features.
- Location restrictions prevent it from ENERGY STAR qualification. Replacement warranty is shorter than other models.
Heil Performance 16
The Performance 16 heat pump delivers premium comfort at a price you can afford. It’s a cost-effective option without sacrificing your desire to beat winter’s icy chill or summer’s heat. If you deal with extreme winters, combine this heat pump with a compatible gas furnace and thermostat to experience energy-saving heating.
- Up to 17.5 SEER. 70-decibel performance. Two-stage compressor. Dual-fuel compatible. 10-year limited parts warranty.
- Durable construction. Corrosion-resistant. Highly efficient. Compatible with humidity-sensing thermostats.
- Location restrictions prevent it from Energy Star qualification. No replacement warranty.
Heil heat pump reviews
You can learn more about Heil heat pumps by reading Heil heat pump reviews on HVAC.com
Frequently asked questions
Heat pump pricing varies based on several factors, including the following:
– The heat pump’s size
– The heat pump’s SEER rating
– Your location
– The installation’s location
– Ductwork installation
– If you’re purchasing a split unit or packaged system
– Local rebates and tax credits
Under most circumstances, a Heil heat pump costs between $1,910.00 and $5,860.00. For the most accurate prices, contact a licensed HVAC technician for an estimate.
You can use the “Find a Dealer” button on Heil’s website to determine where you can buy a Heil heat pump. You can also purchase one directly from HVAC.com.
A heat pump lasts fifteen years on average, although some premium models last longer. To maximize your heat pump’s lifespan, make sure to perform regular maintenance.