Lennox X0444 Furnace Filter Overview
July 17, 2017
Lennox Healthy Climate X0444 Furnace Filter Overview
This Lennox X0444 air filter is the pleated air filter replacement for the PMAC-12C air filter cabinet and measures 17” X 28” X 6”. The Lennox X0444 furnace filter has a MERV 10 rating, which means that it filters out 85% of particles down to 3 microns. Filters Out: This includes – pollen, dust mites, mold spores, some bacteria, dust, smoke and more. This is a significant upgrade from a 1” furnace filter. This filter should be replaced every 9-12 months depending on the air quality in your home.
Benefits of the Lennox X0444 Furnace Filter
The Lennox Healthy Climate X0444 furnace filter is a MERV 10 filter that removes common allergens, irritants, and other contaminants from the air you breathe indoors. This level of air filtration is a must for households with allergy or asthma sufferers. Improving air quality with a high-efficiency air filter will significantly improve your health and comfort.
The Lennox Healthy Climate X0444 furnace filter helps your HVAC systems operate effectively and efficiently throughout the year. A clean filter facilitates proper airflow through the system to improve performance and efficiency, while keeping components clean to prevent wear and tear as well as system breakdowns.
Changing Your Lennox X0444 Furnace Filter
The Lennox Healthy Climate X0444 furnace filter is an expandable filter the needs to be replaced approximately every nine to twelve months. Do it yourself, or leave it to your HVAC technician when seasonal preventative maintenance is performed on your HVAC systems.
To change your Lennox Healthy Climate X0444 furnace filter:
- Find the filter cabinet, commonly located between the return air duct and the furnace or air handler.
- Remove the door so you can access the filter.
- Pull out the used filter, removing it from the end caps and discarding.
- Insert the ends of your new Lennox Healthy Climate X0444 furnace filter into the end caps.
- Slide the new filter into the filter cabinet, in the correct direction according to the airflow arrows marked on the filter frame.
- Replace the filter cabinet door.
Learn more about furnace maintenance to protect your heating system on the HVAC.com blog.