Lennox X0586 Furnace Filter Overview
July 17, 2017
Lennox Healthy Climate X0586 Furnace Filter Overview
This filter is the pleated air filter replacement for the BMAC-20C air filter cabinet and measures 20” X 25” X 5”. The Lennox X0586 filter has a MERV 11 rating, which means that it filters out 85% of particles down to 3 microns. Filters Out: This includes – pollen, dust mites, mold spores, some bacteria, dust, smoke and more. This is a significant upgrade from a 1” furnace filter. This filter should be replaced every 9-12 months depending on the air quality in your home.
Benefits of the Lennox X0586 Furnace Filter
The Lennox Healthy Climate X0586 furnace filter delivers superior MERV 11 air filtration to your home or business. By removing contaminants and allergens, everyone indoors will experience improved comfort and reduced allergy symptoms.
The Lennox Healthy Climate X0586 furnace filter is an essential HVAC system component that allows your heating and cooling equipment to function optimally. Using a clean Lennox Healthy Climate X0586 furnace filter will help your furnace, air conditioner, or heat pump receive the proper airflow it needs to condition air efficiently. The filter keeps contaminants out of the system, protecting the components from wear and tear.
Changing Your Lennox X0586 Furnace Filter
The Lennox Healthy Climate X0586 furnace filter needs to be changed about every nine to twelve months. You can perform this job yourself in under five minutes, or have your heating and cooling technician change the filter when preventative maintenance tune-ups are performed.
To change your Lennox Healthy Climate X0586 furnace filter:
- Find where the filter cabinet is located – often between the return air duct and furnace or air handler.
- Take off the cabinet door to gain access to the filter.
- Remove the used Lennox Healthy Climate X0586 furnace filter and discard.
- Unwrap your new Lennox Healthy Climate X0586 furnace filter and insert it into the filter cabinet. Make sure to insert the filter in the proper direction – the airflow arrows printed on the filter frame will show you which way to position it.
- Replace the door to the filter cabinet.
Keep your heating system safe and running smoothly with our furnace maintenance tips.