Effective Date: July 9, 2020
Updated Date: November 13, 2023
We may add to, modify, or otherwise update this Policy from time to time in our sole discretion by notifying you that a new version of this Policy has been posted to the Site. You should review this Policy for any additions, modifications or updates each time that you access any of the Sites or use any of the Services. Your use of the Sites or Services following any additions, modifications or updates to this Policy constitutes your acceptance of such additions, modifications or updates.
Information We Collect
In connection with the Sites and Services, we may collect the following categories of information:
- information you provide to us, including your name, your contact information (e.g., email address, phone number, postal address);
- information regarding your HVAC needs and concerns;
- information regarding your use of the Sites and Services; and
- any other information that you provide or otherwise make available to us in connection with the Sites or Services.
We may also automatically collect general, non-personal, statistical information about the use of the Sites and Services, including how many individuals visit a specific page on the Sites, how long a visitor stays on such page, and the hyperlinks visitors click. We collect this information by using cookies, log files and other similar technologies (as further described below). This information represents a generic overview of visitors to our Sites and users of our Services.
You may choose not to provide certain information to us, but as a result you may not be able to take advantage of some of the features of the Sites or Services.
Magenta may use the information that it collects in order to:
- administer the Sites and Services;
- personalize the Sites or Services for you;
- provide to you any Services or fulfill any requests made by you via the Sites or Services;
- enable your access to and use of the Sites and Services;
- improve, modify or enhance the Sites or Services, including the user experience;
- conduct internal business analysis or other business purposes; and
- send you communications, including marketing communications regarding products and services that may be of interest to you.
We do not disclose your information to third parties, except:
- when we have your permission to make the disclosure;
- where the disclosure is necessary for the purpose for which the information was obtained;
- to any HVAC dealer, HVAC service provider or other vendor that provides HVAC services in your general geographic location;
- to our third-party service providers in order to provide services to us (including processing payments, sending marketing communications, email delivery, targeted advertisements, and other business operations);
- where permitted by applicable law or when the disclosure is necessary, in our discretion, for the establishment or maintenance of legal claims or legal compliance, to satisfy any law, regulation, subpoena or government request, or in connection with litigation; or
- as otherwise disclosed in this Policy.
Additionally, in the event we are acquired by, or merge or consolidate into, another entity, or if there is a sale of our assets (including in bankruptcy), your information may be transferred to the entity acquiring us or our assets or that survives the merger or consolidation. You acknowledge and agree that in the foregoing circumstances, your information may be disclosed to such third party.
Cookies, Log Files and Similar Technologies
The Sites and Services also may use log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track a user's movement around the Sites and Services, and gather demographic information.
You have the right to opt out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting. Please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.com for additional information regarding such rights and how to exercise them.
We use security measures that we, in our discretion, deem appropriate for the type of information that is provided by you and otherwise collected by us. However, since no method of electronic storage is 100% secure, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the information stored. We also cannot guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
Links to Third Party Websites
California Do Not Track Disclosure
At this time, we do not respond to browser ‘Do Not Track’ signals.
Our Sites and Services are intended for individuals located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States and access the Sites or Services, or submit your information to us, you do so at your own risk and choice. United States law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction. If you visit our Sites or use our Services or contact us from outside of the United States, please be advised that (i) any information you provide to us or that we automatically collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States; and (ii) by using our Sites or Services or submitting information to us, you explicitly authorize its transfer to and subsequent processing in the United States in accordance with this Policy and United States law.
Use By Minors
We do not knowingly collect any information about children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected information from a child under the age of thirteen, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information.
If you have any questions about this Policy or treatment of your information, please contact us via email at email@example.com or by mail at 1101 Red Ventures Dr, Fort Mill, SC 29707.