York Furnaces and Central Air
At HVAC.com, our writers create solutions that put you in control of your HVAC system. Our product reviews and recommendations are researched and backed by real buyers and industry experts, not dictated by our partners.
Headquartered in York, Pennsylvania, York International Corporation sells residential and light commercial furnaces, heat pumps, ventilating units, refrigeration units, and central air conditioners. The company markets furnaces under the brand names Coleman, Luxaire, and York and serves more than 150 countries, making them a multinational leader in the industry. Their products are found in diverse locations such as the British House of Parliament, Sydney Opera House, and Los Angeles International Airport. Johnson Controls, York’s parent company, recorded approximately $30 billion in sales in 2017. They employ 13,800 people around the globe.
HVAC Cost Calculator
Want to know how much a new hvac unit should cost? Try our cost calculator to get free local price estimates for the top brands.
How Much Does HVAC Replacement Cost?
Average Cost: $3,250 – $12,586
Like your home and needs, your HVAC project cost will be unique. Use the calculator to better estimate your investment.
*Estimate is based on current data and does not represent a guaranteed price. For accurate pricing contact a local HVAC dealer.
York brand believes in extraordinary innovation and exceptional reliability. Their air conditioner line is divided into two series; the Affinity series and the popular LX series.
- YXV is York’s most efficient air conditioner with a SEER rating of 20. This model boasts an ENERGY STAR® rating and won the 2017 Dealer Design Awards Gold Award. The Quiet Drive sound reduction technology puts decibel levels as low as 53Db, which is about as loud as the average dishwasher. A 10-year limited parts warranty and a 1-year labor warranty are offered.
- YXT is a 2-stage system for improved temperature and humidity control. It rates a 19 on the SEER efficiency scale and an ENERGY STAR® rating. It works with a standard thermostat or the Hx3 4.3 inch touch screen thermostat. It also has Quiet Drive technology and decibel levels as low as 67.
The LX series of York air conditioners are affordable and efficient. They are designed to save you money on your utility bills.
- YFK is a high-efficiency, two-stage air conditioner. It has an ENERGY STAR® rating and a SEER rating of 17. Decibel levels are as low as 68, and the unit works with conventional thermostats. The unit includes 10-year parts/compressor and 1-year labor limited warranties.
- YCG is a high-efficiency single-stage air conditioner. It has a SEER score of 14 and is perfect for those living in southwestern climates. Decibel levels are as low as 70, and the unit offers a 10-year warranty on the compressor and a 10-year parts/1-year labor limited warranty.
York gas furnaces
York gas furnaces are divided into three lines: the Affinity, the LX, and the Latitude.
- YP9C is York’s most efficient and comfortable furnace. It has a 98% AFUE rating and won the Consumer’s Digest Best Buy Award in 2017. The unit boasts an ENERGY STAR® rating and comes with a lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger and a 10-year parts/1-year labor warranty.
- TM9V is a two-stage furnace with variable speed. Boasting an ENERGY STAR® rating and an efficiency rating of 96% AFUE, this unit has a lifetime heat exchanger/10-year parts/1-year labor warranty.
- TL9E is a single-stage ultra low NOx with a high-efficiency blower motor. It is ENERGY STAR® rated with an efficiency rating of 95%. It’s compact size of 33 inches fits in most spaces. This unit offers a 20-year heat exchanger/10-year parts/1-year labor limited warranty with registration.
The Latitude series of York furnaces features quality and dependability in a compact package.
- TG8S is a single-stage furnace that features 80% AFUE. It has low air leakage — less than 2% at 1.0 of static pressure — and a lifetime heat exchanger/10-year parts/1-year labor warranty.
Currently, York does not make an oil furnace.
York heat pumps
Once again, York divides its products into two product lines: the Affinity, being the most efficient, and the LX series, which is a more economical line.
- YZV is a variable capacity split system featuring a SEER rating of 20 and ENERGY STAR® rating. This unit is compatible with the Hx3 4.3 touch screen thermostat, although it can also work with a standard thermostat. Decibel levels are as low as 66 for high-stage heating and 69 for cooling; levels are of 54 for low-stage heating or cooling, which is about as loud as the average dishwasher. The YZV offers a lifetime warranty on the compressor and a 10-year parts/1-year labor warranty.
- YZT is a two-stage communicating heat pump. This heat pump has an ENERGY STAR® efficiency rating of 19 SEER and 10.0 HSPF to help lower energy bills. It also has a lifetime compressor, 10-year parts, and 1-year labor warranty. It has decibel levels as low as 66 for cooling and 67 for heating.
- YHG is a single-stage heat pump. It has a SEER rating of 17 and an HSPF rating of 10 heating efficiency. It has a 10-year parts and 10-year limited compressor warranty. Decibel levels are as low as 69 for cooling and 70 for heating.
York Packaged Systems
York residential packaged systems consolidate all the components of a traditional, split HVAC system into a single unit.
- PCE6 is a two-stage cooling package unit with a SEER rating of 16. It’s Energy Star rated and also provides up to 25 Kw electric heating. Decibel levels are as low as 64 for cooling and 63 for heating. It offers a 10-year electric heat warranty as well as a 10-year compressor, 10-year parts and 1-year labor warranty.
- PHE6 is a 16 SEER rated, two packaged heat pump unit. It also has 8.2 HSPF heating, plus 25 kw of supplemental electric heating. Decibel levels as low 73 for cooling and 72 for heating. The unit boasts 10-year compressor, 10-year parts, 10-year supplemental electric, and 1-year labor warranties.
- PCG4 is a single-stage packaged unit with a SEER rating of 14 and 81% AFUE efficiency. Lifetime heat exchanger, ten year compressor, 10-year parts and 1-year labor limited warranties come with this unit. Decibel levels as low as 74.
Many things affect the price of an HVAC system. Some of them are:
- The size of your home
- The climate you live in
- The efficiency of your system — the SEER rating
- The condition of your ductwork
- The type of home
Some homes require more complicated installation. The best way to determine the cost of a new York HVAC system is to contact a local HVAC professional. He/she will be able to advise you on what size you need, evaluate your ductwork and estimate at how complicated the installation will be.
For consumers’ unbiased opinions on the York brand, it’s important to read reviews. Customers can tell you about the reliability of the unit, how good customer service is, the energy efficiency of their unit, and how smoothly the installation process went. Look for patterns among the reviews. Just one or two negative or positive reviews might not mean anything. Consider the overall consensus.
York offers standard and (optional) extended warranties. The unit offers 10-year parts and 10-year compressor warranties, although conditions apply. Register your York product online to take full advantage of the warranties.
For a full list of York product warranties, go here.